Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I love this Town!

I have been working in Beaufort for a few summers now.  I think six years ago was the first year.  I worked in a wine shop and met some amazing folks and became friends with them.  The next summer I was fortunate enough to be able to work for a couple of amazing women in their shops where I met and befriended even more folks.  Most of the people I have met since then have some connection to the sea.  Either they are sailors, were sailors, married sailors, want to be sailors, you get the picture, right?  So, with that single string among us it allows for many a story to be told of the adventures- good and bad!
Two Beaufort women have been quite influential on my life Alison Brooks owner of Handscapes Gallery,http://www.handscapesgallery.com/index.html , and Patti Davis owner of Tierra Fina,http://tierrafinanc.com/.  They both have become dear, dear friends nurturing that adventurous spirit of mine as well as sparking creativity and keeping me employed and out of Jeff's hair most days!
Hats off to these individuals!

No comments: