Sunday, April 27, 2008

A few more to add to the knotty collection

These necklaces are hand knotted on silk thread. I know that I have said this before but, THANK YOU TRISH!!! for teaching me this technique. I am sure having fun. The knotting not only makes the necklace more flexible but if you choose the right color it can blend and not be noticed or it stands out as if there was another bead there. Below are a few examples of what I have been working on, enjoy.
I used black freshwater pearls and white freshwater pearls. The frog is a 24 karat creation from Peru. This is a gift to my mother. She gave me the frogs to use. I have a few more. Any ideas?
This is one of my favorites. Not a great photo but I will work on my skills. Here we have smoky topaz, square and rondell garnets mixed with black freshwater pearls. The topaz on the side and funky and not your common focal bead. This measures 22 inches.
The blues...Afghan lapis, oval and rondell Brazilian aquamarine and 3 round iolite. This is really pretty and measures 22 inches. $50.00
A favored combination of mine, carnelian and turquoise. Fresh water pearls, silver Bali beads, turquoise, fire opals and a barrel of carnelian. The toggle clasp is sterling with a carnelian bead.

No comments: