Sunday, May 25, 2008

My day in Everglades City

BIG NEWS!! Earring are being made. I am so darn excited. I spent the day with a friend of mine, Bonnie. She helped me to sort through my jewelry and we were going to do so more photographs for the blog but she said, "Where are the earrings to match?" I replied,"I can't make them. I am not good at that and well I don't make them." "What?!"
Bonnie's fantastic friend Kathy was there as well and she concurred that earrings needed to be made. Just try it. I mean all you need to do is a wire wrap like this and she pointed out a piece that had some wire wrapping. So, I did, I tried it. It didn't look great at first, so I tried again and again...next think I know it is mid afternoon and I have about 8 pairs of earrings that match various necklaces. WOW, I did it. Who knew? Trish did, she showed me how but it seemed so easy for her. I want to take a wire wrapping class now and learn more. I could get a book...that might be more feasible. I am really happy about the way the day turned out.
I was really sad in the morning and then I had a day of creativity, meeting new folks, talking about how to grow the business. One thing Kathy said was to link C'est la Bead with a charity. Brilliant. That way, I get the satisfaction of creating, I get the opportunity to make someone happy with the product but the best part is that I get to give back! I mean it was like the universe swirled around and created this perfect opportunity for me. It really opened my eyes that I can do something meaningful with my life. I can give back. It was exactly what I needed to spur me on. Thank you so much ladies. You have helped me in more ways than you can imagine.
My camera is in my car so just words in this post, but later I will get the photos of the earrings!

No comments: