Friday, June 18, 2010

Have I been busy or just inspired?

I am too busy!  I have been working on chain maille for the last few weeks and it is finally finished.   I am proud of my work. After looking at the photos I have changed the last few links next to the clasp. It looks much better. This is a sterling silver chain that is comprised of 348 jump rings, 18 gauge, sized 4.5mm and is actually quite heavy. The clasp is 14 gauge dead soft and is work hardened and hand forged. I had lots of fun pounding on my steel block with my planishing and rawhide hammer. I did not use a jig but made it free hand. One of a kind for real!
I have been inspired to work on the necklaces that I have been commissioned to do as well as ideas that came to me the other night...
Check it out! More photos of the other necklaces to follow!




No comments: