Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I have been working!

Well it has been a busy few Well it has been a busy few weeks.  I have been working with sterling and 14kt gold, making not only ear wires but also clasps! I have been working with some patterns and learning all about chain maille.
To the left is some 14 kt gold earrings with fresh water potato pearls and to the right is sterling silver chain maille rope.  I hope to get more jump rings to make a necklace. It is 7.5 inches long right now and I have used 200 rings. I have ordered 150 more rings to finish the job.  I want to start making my own rings as I really like the rhythm of following this pattern.  I have tried another pattern that is not as much fun.  I plan on using the clasp below to finish the necklace.  The largest one should balance out the girth of this chain.


No comments: